Sunday 8 May 2011

Just Chilling Out

Can't seem to get my backside into gear today.  I blame Ken Follett.  I'm a third of the way through his book, 'Pillars of the Earth', and all I want to do this afternoon is lie on the sofa reading some more.  It's very compelling.

I have managed to clean the kitchen and put dinner in the slow cooker -  inbetween reading.  Dinner is soup made from a half price ham shank I bought and I'll stick some dumplings in later.  That knocked down the carrot mountain a little!

I had my boyfriend and son believing that the dog food I'd made was actually our dinner for that night - liver casserole.  Both of them seemed a bit depressed at the thought of eating it- Iain even went so far as to say it looked like vomit - "Look. It's even got carrots in it!".  Yes dear, everything has carrots in it lately!

I borrowed 'Kirstie's Home Made Home' from the library the other day and I'm really taken with the idea of making a rag rug.  It'll be a while before I start though as I need to collect some rags first.  There wasn't enough in the book to make me want to buy it, but still a nice read.  I'll need to make a list of all my projects as there's so much I want to do.  I need to learn patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment