Monday 11 April 2011

A Tiring Day

Not much time to do anything this evening.  Late finish at work and a no show bus meant I didn't even eat till  after 8pm.  Tea tonight was rhubarb crumble with free rhubarb from our Caretaker at work.  He brings in lots of stuff from his allotment and even bakes us rhubarb crumble and banana cakes sometimes.  I'll definitely miss him when I finish work! 

I managed to burn the crumble as I haven't got used to my new cooker yet.  Scraped the burnt top off and I got away with it - well, no-one complained!  Lots of veg hanging around in the fridge that need using up so I might put some soup in the slow cooker before I go to work tomorrow and we'll have that with dumplings for tea.  Just various mixed root veg, leeks (donated by John again!) lentils, barley, maybe some dried beans and chicken stock cubes (another cheap Internet purchase - I probably have a couple of hundred of them!).

Still no luck with the photos.  Bought a card reader but can't get it to work on my laptop.  Pity, as I was looking forward to putting up some photos tonight.  I'll try again tomorrow when I have more time. Too tired to even think tonight  so I'm off to bed with my book now.

No comments:

Post a Comment